Thursday, September 20, 2007

Chenery Park...again

Back we went to Chenery Park because the Food Gal was sitting in my office (now complete with actual functioning door) and we were both quite tired and trying to figure out what we’d be having for dinner and it was a Tuesday and she remembered (because she’s just that smart) that it was fried chicken night at Chenery Park. 2 or 3 clicks on Open Table and poof we have a reservation.

We had a new server (by new I mean new to the restaurant…and we’re pretty sure we’ve been conferred ‘regular’ status because the manager/owner told us we had a new server after mentioning how many times we’ve eaten at their restaurant)… so the service was slightly off, but the food was right on. The drinks took a little explaining...I ordered the same thing - whatever it's called- that I got at Range a week later (yes, I'm blogging out of order). It was pretty good. The Food Gal had a very strong Kir Royale. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

On with the food: Heirloom tomato plate for me to start while the Food Gal had a romaine salad with “garlicky” dressing. Yeah, I’m not sure why it’s not a Caesar either. Either way, both were tasty.

I got the fried chicken (no slaw but with a side of fries) which also came with mashed potatoes and gravy and created a very nice plate of food for me. I think there were some greens under the chicken somewhere, but I couldn’t swear to it. The Food Gal had their very nice fried catfish and once we tracked down some Tabasco we mowed through it all pretty well.

As always, we got dessert. I had a root beer float (I love that they have these) and the Food Gal had the warm chocolate cake that she inexplicably didn’t see on the menu and I had to ask if she was getting it. I was worried about her for a moment.

Overall, once again, this place consistently delivers gracious service and good food at good prices. We’ll be back again soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home