Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Swifty's

In New York for a meeting this week and ate at Swifty's on the Upper East Side last night. It was an interesting lesson in the difference between New York neighborhood restaurants and San Francisco neighborhood restaurants. I'm just not sure I know what those differences are, really. The service was excellent at Swifty's and they clearly pay a whole lot of attention to it; I'd guess its what draws people back time after time and it was pretty clear that there were many regulars.

Because it was a business dinner, we had a limited set of options which was unfortunate because Swifty's had a few things on their full menu that looked intriguing (something called a Twinburger...no idea, but I intend to eat one at some point). I ended up with a very straight ahead asparagus with hollandaise, steak frites and blood orange sorbet. The asparagus were enormous, the steak was good but a fair bit past the rare I requested. Overall, though, I ate well, everyone around me seemed happy and, were we (me and the Food Gal, that is) to end up on the Upper East side and in need of dinner, I wouldn't be at all opposed to returning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home