Friday, June 08, 2007

From the Food Gal...on gustatory karma

So I'm looking back through the history of my gourmand adventures over the last year, as documented here by my erstwhile diner-in-crime, and I noticed something: every time we have a less than satisfactory experience in a restaurant, something rummy happens thereafter.

Example 1: on the way home from the infamous Inn at Little Washington, a deer plowed into the side of our car. People laugh when we say a deer hit us, but that's exactly what happened--we saw it, the F-G took evasive action, and the darn thing rammed the driver's side doors anyhow.

Example 2: at Bar Americain, I slipped on the way back from the restroom. I was wearing low heels and I'd only had 2 drinks with a good bit of food, so I really don't think it was my fault. (But I do have to point out, regarding that, that as a former resident of the Empire State I took great pride in the fact that several nearby diners immediately jumped up to see if I was alright. This would not likely have happened elsewhere. People think New Yorkers are rude--people are idiots.)

Example 3: post-Presidio Social Club, the F-G came down with something akin to a full-body migraine. In this case, I'll allow that he might just be allergic to bad service, but nonetheless a pattern emerges.

So, diner beware, I think. This may be a lesson in finish your drink and get the h*ll out while you still can, should things appear to be going south. I'm going to have to train the F-G in the cut and run, though, as he does embody the hope-springs-eternal philosophy about restaurants....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home